We’re looking for a legal assistant/paralegal to join our busy litigation department.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in family law, contentious estates and personal injury.
Full training will be given and there is the opportunity for career progression. We train all our paralegals with a view to retaining them once they qualify as lawyers.
The role will involve assisting the litigation department with family law clients in relation to divorce, financial settlements, cohabitee agreements and non-molestation orders; assisting with personal injury and clinical negligence matters; landlord and tenant matters; contentious estates and other general litigation. This could be either fee-earning or administrative work and duties will include:
- Arranging client appointments;
- Sitting in on client meetings;
- Taking instructions from clients over the telephone or in person;
- Preparing Court applications;
- Preparing for Court hearings including preparing Court bundles and photocopying;
- Preparing witness statements;
- Preparing Form E financial statements;
- Sitting behind Counsel and preparing attendance notes;
- Dealing with correspondence
- Preparing law bills
- Any other tasks.
Candidates must be hardworking and efficient with strong interpersonal skills.
Case management system experience and the ability to speak Welsh would be advantage although not essential.
Send your CV and a covering letter to Gwyndaf Pari, Bone & Payne LLP, 55 Madoc Street, Llandudno LL30 2TW email@example.com