Conveyancing & Tenancy
When you buy or sell a home, you need a Solicitor to undertake the Conveyancing (the legal term for transferring the ownership of a property from one person to another).
We deal with all aspects of Conveyancing including the sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold residential properties including new builds and Help-to-Buy mortgages. We operate on a competitive fixed-price basis and can offer to converse in Welsh or English as required.
We have experts on our team who can help you through the process. Many of our Conveyancing team were born, raised and have worked for many years in the local area and their local knowledge will prove beneficial to you during the process.
Our Conveyancing work starts when you accept an offer on your property, or have an offer accepted on the property you want to buy, and continues after you have received the keys to your new home until the registration process is complete.
We were one of the first members of the Conveyancing Quality Scheme in Wales, which was established by the Law Society and requires the demonstration of excellence in integrity, reliability, quality of service and service delivery – so you can be confident that we are the best people to help you.
We have a number of experts in dealing with all aspects of commercial properties, freehold or leasehold. The sale of commercial properties is often part of transferring a whole business – we can help you with that too. Contact us for a bespoke service at a competitive price.
Landlord & Tenant
If you are a landlord or tenant then we can help you with the preparation of both commercial and residential leases and tenancy agreements for properties, or advise you of the requirements and implications of committing to a business lease or tenancy agreement.
Buying a home may be the most important purchase you ever make. It’s because its so important that it can also be so stressful. Having the right people on your side to help you through the process of buying and selling property can make all the difference.
We offer you a bespoke personal service. Our loyal and highly motivated team are all fully qualified and combine decades of experience with up-to-the-minute knowledge. We will guide you, step by step, from the moment the price is agreed to the day of completion.
We do not pay referral fees to “buy” our clients. We spend very little money on advertising; our reputation does our advertising for us.
Our conveyancing team comprises:
Residential & Commercial Conveyancing Business Matters • Landlord & Tenant
All aspects of Residential & Commercial Property
Wills • Probate & the Administration of Estates • Powers of Attorney • Residential & Commercial Conveyancing • Notary Services
Senior Conveyancing Clerks
- Wendy Jefferies
- Tracey Cowden
We operate on a fixed fee basis and on average we charge:
- £595 plus VAT and disbursements for a freehold sale
- £695 plus VAT and disbursements for a freehold purchase with a mortgage
- £695 plus VAT and disbursements for a leasehold sale
- £795 plus VAT and disbursements for a leasehold purchase
- £350-£495 plus VAT and disbursements for a re-mortgage (depending on whether we dealt with the original purchase)
The above are average prices based on recent instructions. The actual cost to you will depend on a number of factors including, whether:
- it’s a sale or a purchase and the price you have agreed;
- its freehold or leasehold;
- there’s a defect in the title;
- you are a First Time Buyer
- it’s a new build property
- the title is unregistered
- you are having a mortgage
- the property you are buying is to be used other than as your primary residence
- you are buying or selling under a Shared Ownership Scheme
- you are buying or selling under a Help to Buy Scheme
- you are buying at auction
- the property is a repossession purchase
- in the case of a re-mortgage, we acted on the original purchase
- you require payment by cheque or bank transfer
N.B This list is not intended to be exhaustive
We can discuss these and any other factors with you to provide a precise and personalised costs quotation.
There will be other costs (called disbursements) which we will need to pay on your behalf, including:
- search fees,
- Land Registry fees
- freeholder information packs
- Land Transaction Tax/Stamp Duty Land Tax
These vary considerably and will be included in the quotation given to you.
Specific examples of our charges and disbursements can be found here
For information on services and likely timescales, please see the guides below:
These are some recent examples of the many positive reviews we have had from our clients:
“We have used Bone & Payne in the past, they are always very professional, we would recommend them without hesitation. All advice and guidance was given clearly, timely, polite, unbiased all very obliging”
“Have used a number of times before. Always very helpful and do not hold up the process, Thorough”
“Everything was great from the reception staff through to the people dealing with our matter”
“Very efficient and always returned calls. Fair price. Very pleasant staff”